Richard’s practice focuses on empowering his clients’ ability to make those decisions that provide for the best planning for themselves, their families, and their businesses. Richard’s career expands over 25 years when he first served as general counsel to legendary New York Yankee owner, George M. Steinbrenner, before deciding in 1998 with his wife Linda that southwest Florida was the ideal location to raise a family. Only five years later, Richard and his father, Kevin Lyons would decide to open Lyons & Lyons, P.A. with the mission to provide the same quality service often found in large firms with the personal touch that clients feel when working with a boutique practice.
Richard can help you, your family and your business plan for incapacity planning, estate planning, supplement needs planning, business planning, asset protection planning, and real estate planning. Focus on empowering clients to better understand the legal consequences and benefits of their decisions along with the ability to truly appreciate his client’s visions and dreams have earned Richard a Martindale-Hubbell Gold Champion Client Distinction rating and an AV Preeminent Rating among his peers.
Areas of Practice:
- Elder Law
- Long Term Incapacity Planning
- Estate Planning, Asset Protection
- Business Law, and Real Estate.
- University of Alabama School of Law
- LL.M. – Master of Laws in Business Transactions, Magna Cum Laude
- University of Florida College of Law
- Juris Doctorate, with Honors
- University of Florida Warrington School of Business
- Master of Business Administration, with Honors
- Florida State University
- Bachelor of Arts, Major in History, Cum Laude